This is a weekend geared for 5th grade - 12 grade young men to better sharpen their talents for serving the Lord. You won't want to miss being a part of this weekend. This year we are looking at being a Servant Leader! This weekend will better equip us to be the Servants that Jesus calls us to be while becoming Leaders that we are training to be. We will have some amazing men who will be joining us for part of the weekend. You will not want to miss this opportunity to be instructed by these men! We will focus on a few aspects of our leadership in worship such as song leading, praying, and delivering a message. I hope that you will make this a priority to attend this summer. I look forward to seeing you there and growing as a servant leader!
Location? Westhill Church of Christ 3400 W. Hwy 22 Corsicana, TX 75110
When? Friday, July 16 - Saturday, July 17, 2021
Who? Geared for 6th - 12th grades
Cost? $20 per camper
Theme: Servant Leader
Theme Passage: 1 Timothy 4:6-7
#1 – Servant must Instruct (1 Tim. 4:6)
#2 – Servant must be Nourished (In word & doctrine) (1Tim. 4:6)
#3 – Servant must Follow (1 Tim. 4:6)
#4 – Servant must Hold True (1Tim. 4:7) (reject profane fables)
#5 – Servant must Exercise Godliness (1Tim. 4:7)
What to Bring?
- Bible! Don’t come without it.
- Jeans or nice shorts & polo or better; Fun Activities – shirts with sleeves & knee length shorts.
- Swim trunks
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc)
- Pillow, blanket, and/or sleeping bag. We have a number of cots you can sleep on. (You are welcome to bring an air mattress)
- Christian attitudes
- You might want to bring: Camera, board games, etc.
- Cell phones are allowed but will be regulated so that everyone is participating in each event.
- We will be working on how to construct a lesson and plan to deliver it August 29, 2021 for our 5th Sunday worship.
What Not To Bring?
- Camper/staff are not permitted the use of tobacco, e-cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, fireworks or weapons.
Guys Leadership Initiative Schedule
Friday, July 16
5:00pm - Registration
6:00 pm - Dinner
7:00 pm - Lesson 1
7:30 pm - Breakout Groups
8:00 pm - Lesson 2
8:30 pm – Free Time/ Activity
10:30 pm – Lights Out
Saturday, July 15
8:30 am - Breakfast
9:00 am - Lesson 3
9:30 am - Break
9:45 am - Lesson 4
10:30 am - Group Breakout
12:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm – Group Work
3:00pm – Group Activity
6:00pm – Dinner (Cookout)
7:00pm – Lesson 5
7:30pm – Final Activity
8:00pm - Dismissal - Camper Can be picked up @ Westhill
If you have any questions please contact Brandon Watson at 903.771.6359 or Brandon@westhillchurchofchrist.org