"I just obeyed the gospel, now what?" Many Christians, new and experienced, wonder what they can do to help the church glorify God. God wants more than pew packers, he wants doers (James 1:22), devoted men and women working diligently to save the world, build up the church, and show God's goodness to their community. The elders at Westhill take this fact seriously and have established WesthillWorks! as a series of ministries within the congregation. Its purpose is threefold. First, it is an organized way to fulfill the church's God-given mission. Second, it is an effective way to inform all members of the work Westhill does locally and abroad. Finally, it is an encouragement to members to get involved in the work. Christians need to plug in to a local congregation so their efforts and works can bring glory to God through the church (Ephesians 3:21). There are other works taking place at Westhill, but these are our organized ministries.
Jay Mahoney / David Mahoney
- Maintain upkeep on all equipment.
- Train volunteers & establish schedule of participation for worship and all special events.
- Coordinate with Secretary on rotation schedule and PowerPoint needs.
- Provide input on future needs and upgrades
Scott Barham / David Baumgartner / Michael Jones
Food Pantry & Financial Advice (Dickie Russell)
- Focus on the weekly benevolence program every Tuesday morning 9:00 - 10:00 am
- Coordinate volunteers to help
- Keep stock & inventory
- Ensure all recipients go through all stages of help (spiritual needs emphasized)
- Be aware of benevolent needs within Westhill and sister congregations.
- Maintain exterior and interior of building
- Coordinate repairs through volunteers and professionals
- Provide 1, 3 and 5 year plans for building improvements
- Inspect all facets of building periodically (Semi-Annually)
- Keep Elders informed about needed replacements/improvements and depreciation of equipment.
Terry Barrett / Jose Sosa
- Contact Home and/or Director once a quarter for updates and inquiry of needs.
- Establish & coordinate efforts of service to Home every year.
- Westhill visits, youth involvement work, and assist with VBS, etc.
- Inquire about children’s spiritual nourishment from Home
- Christmas gifts, Food drives, Benefit dinners or drives, etc.
- Update elders with opportunities of other deserving homes.
Zach Drain / Mike Wylie
- Coordinate your department with Family & Education Minister
- Coordinate Bible School curriculum & teachers for quarters/year for your department
- Coordinator for Newborn – 5th Grade - Matt Newman
- Coordinator for 6th-12th Grade – Josh Haden
- Coordinator for College – Adult – Justin Williams
- Schedule training and teacher appreciation events with Family & Education Minister
Josh Haden, Matt Newman, Justin Williams
- Communicate at least quarterly with each work – give periodic reports to elders.
- Coordinate semi-annual communications from work to congregation.
- This could be by written form (i.e., bulletin) or presentation for congregation.
- Evaluate/recommend additional and current works to the elders.
- Encourage congregation to communicate with them & provide proper communication method (i.e., email, address, fb)
- Areas of Missions:
- Foreign Mission - India, Cameroon
- U.S. Missions -
- Jeremy Pate - Apologetics Press
- Wayne Jones - Bear Valley- Bible Institue of Denver
- Jenkins Institue
- David Rollert - Tilton, NH
- Josh Austin - Mesa, AZ
Zach Drain / Casey Hendrix / David Mahoney
- Oversee the use of the Outreach Center
- Stock and inventory pantry (plates, cups, plastic ware, coffee, tea, etc)
- Coordinate with office to schedule events
- Recruit volunteers to help in all aspects
Joshua Haden / Billy Roughton / David Shastid
- Schedule maintenance for a welcoming appearance
- This includes coordinating volunteer or hiring out work for: mowing, shrubs/bushes, signs, & parking lot
- Keep security lights properly working
- Maintain & Improve parking areas with proper drainage & signage
Casey Hendrix / James Olsen
- Help minister to the Spanish congregation and Spanish community
- Communicate with elders of how to grow the work and meet needs
- Set specific goals and develop plan with Spanish minister
- Look for ways to integrate Spanish speaking with the English speaking
- Hispanic community opportunities/needs
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly to semi-annual outreach activity within the community. (separate from evangelism)
- (Examples: renovation of homes, create opportunities or activities that will benefit the community at large)
- Assist with disaster relief efforts when needed
Jose Sosa / David Shastid
- Coordinate your with Family & Education Minister
- Develop & coordinate social and spiritual activities for 5th grade and younger
- Involve parents and members to participate by providing opportunities to be involved with things such as: hosting, coordinating an activity, providing food, giving a devotional thought, leading some songs, etc
- Incorporating activities with the older members such as: Nursing home, homebound, Young At Heart, etc.)
- Coordinate 1 KFC a month
- Coordinate & schedule safety team for appropriate church functions. (i.e. worship times, events advertised to community)
- Implement a safety team with policies and procedures to ensure safety of children and members of the congregation
- Implement training/drills for events such as active shooter, tornadoes, fires, etc
- Keep security procedures and equipment current
- Communicate with elders on specific plans for congregation
David Baumgartner / Ronnie Giles / David Shastid - Jose Sosa
Zach Drain / Greg Olsen / Brent Stewart
- Coordinate with Preacher, Family Minister, and Elders
- Develop & organize spiritual events for congregation
- Make necessary announcements
- Coordinate with appointed personnel on all aspects of event(s)
- Communicate with Office for scheduling
- Assess effectiveness of event; continue or stop
- Submit schedule of special events & budget for next year in Dec
- Ask for each member’s support
- Examples: Forever His, Lectureship, Community Outreach (Financial Peace University, 12 Questions, etc)
- Keep all vehicles maintained and road-worthy
- Routinely inspect vehicles and drive them around
- Upkeep inspection and registration on vehicles (vans, buses, & trailer)
- Coordinate drivers who can legally drive and can be covered on insurance
- Develop a plan for adding vehicle storage facility
Casey Hendrix / Billy Roughton
- Coordinate/Develop spiritual & social activities with women
- Help promote activities within group
- Turn in budget for next year in December
- Example: Ladies Day, Ladies Retreat, Etc
Matt Newman / James Olsen
Michael Jones / Greg Olsen
- Coordinate worship format
- Schedule men to serve – involve as many as desire to participate
- Arrange for special events (gospel meetings, lectureships, 5th Sunday, Wednesday devotionals, special prayer services, Unity Sunday, etc.)
James Horn & Larry Rowden
- Coordinate with Seniors Minister
- Develop & coordinate social/spiritual events once a quarter for members 60 and older
- Coordinate all events with office
- Implement ways for generational overlap within the congregation
- This means how to reach out to the younger families/people
Josh Haden / Casey Hendrix / Brent Stewart / Justin Williams
- Coordinate & organize social/spiritual activities in ALL AGE GROUPS
- Organize/Develop 1,3, and 5 year plans – Where are we going?
- Coordinate with Family & Education minister
- Examples: Retreat, T3, Valentines Dinner, Spring Break Activities, L2L, Summer Camp, Mission Trip, Leadership Initiative, Devotionals, etc.
- Retreat – Owens
- T3 – Haden
- Valentines Dinner – Haden
- Spring Break Activities - Hendrix
- L2L – Stewart
- VBS - Williams
- Summer Camp – Brandon/Williams
- Mission Trip - Brandon
- Leadership Initiative – Brandon/Owens
- Discipleship University - Haden
- Devotionals – All in Rotation